a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Out of Egypt I Called My Son

"Out of Egypt I Will Call My Son"
Matthew 2:14 & Hosea 11:1
by JAS
"When they* had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up" he said."take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you,
for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him."
So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet*:
"Out of Egypt I called my son"
* the wise men from the East
* the prophet Hosea 11:1
The Book of Matthew 2:13 & 14 (NIV)
Art Journal:
This is my second watercolor about 11"x 8" on multimedia paper: JAS


Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like the use of a greyscale effect in this watercolor. It reflects the world in a fallen state. Meanwhile, the contrast of color on the horizon evokes the Son, arising with healing on His wings; The Lord God, a sun and a shield. etc.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the use of greyscale in this watercolor, Aslan. It casts a shadow, such as was cast upon the human race at the fall . . .and yet, on the horizon, a glimpse of brilliant color, arising: Evoking thoughts of the Son arising with healing on His wings; the Lord God as a sun and a shield, etc.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Thank you ~ angi :)
I think that these are two of the most sensitive and insightful comments I have ever received in regards to my art.
Blessings

2:27 PM  
Blogger fihanna said...

Ciao!
I like of yer blog!!!
beautifulll!!!
-hanna

6:26 AM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Ciao! Bella!
Graci Hanna!
I like your website very much, but I can not figure out how to post a comment on your work, it is very, very good.
Thank you
J.A.S.

3:04 PM  
Blogger fihanna said...

figure is "RISPOSTA"
you comment that!!
xoxo;))

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What a lovely pieceof work. And, I always enjoy hearing the Lord's word.

I see that you are located in Baltimore. I am currently travelling on the road with my husband who is a driver. We are on our way to Dundalk to deliver on Monday.

We go to Baltimore quite a bit.

I am so pleased to meet you and take a look at your wondeful blog. I am headed to check them all out.

God Bless,
Jackie

12:41 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

That is so cool Jackie! My wife was born in Dundalk and our son is a driver also. Thank you for your kind encouragement I really hope my blogs give you enjoyment and peace. I pray before I post that His word may be sent out with His Spirit guiding it, especially on the StraighTruth site, the one I work the hardest on The other two sites are a little more secular, StraighTruth42 my newest and most experimental site for fiction, humor, and art journal & AmericanFlier for commentary, review and open free debate. Thanks again

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<