a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Lion of Judah (Revelations 5:5) by J.A.Stratemeyer

The Lion of Judah
(Revelations 5:5)
as after C.S.Lewis
Art Journal:
This is my very first attempt at use of acrylic based paint. It is not connected in any way with the poem below which is a poem that I posted on FaithWriters.com back in 2005.
This painting is my interpretation of Aslan as the Lion of Judah.
Aslan is a fictional charachter
created by C.S.Lewis in his
"Chronicles of Narnia" stories.
I have read that Aslan is the Turkish word for lion.
If you like this painting or not please take a moment to leave a comment either on this blog or at:
http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/members/StraighTruth/

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I to have read the majority of C. S. Lewis books when I was younger. Your painting does resemble Aslan. Where's the rest of the gang?

JaseVin
JV's LOOP, Be In It!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Hi Jason,
I haven't been lead to paint ordraw any of the rest of the gang yet. Thanks for your interest and your comment.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I would just like to say a few words about this very talanted man who is working for a very needy cause,the imprissoned,and the homeless,his writings poetry and drawings are of great excellence,i have met him through bloglog and he is the sweetest person anybody should ever meet,take a look at the drawing The Lion of Judah now i would say that is a great piece of art and there are many more,anybody who veiws this great work be sure to leave a comment he so deserve's it.
great work Aslan lion cub.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

What a beautiful and encouraging comment! Thank you so much Allison

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeshua is the Lion of Judah, and Aslan is an allegorical figure of the King.
Narnia could represent the world or it could represent the Promised Land, Israel. The 4 children could represent 'Christians' and the Narnians are the Jewish people.

The Tulmarines could represent the Sonds of Ishmael in their Islamic conquest to steal the Land of Israel and Jerusalem from the Hebrews.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Thank you anonymous:
This by far one of the miost intelligent and insightful & well thoughtout comments that has been made on my work

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<