a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Saturday, October 27, 2007

IF: written by a 16 year old girl on the street*

If all lips spoke the truth,
All pride was cast aside,
Greed was packed and stored away,
And jealousy subside,
If love could rule the universe,
Kindness was sown to every race,
Then one could glance into a mirror
And view God in His face …


*From “God Please Save Me”
Covenant House 1998
Sister Mary Rose McGeady

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Aslan that written by the 16 year old girl was great it gave me goose bumps reading it,such lovely words.
your blog buddy ali.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

It did the same to me Ali.
We got this on a printed handout at our last Overcmers In Christ fellowship as a supplement for the studies in section one of the program: TRUTH.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Blessings,
Aslan

3:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, a remarkable read. The reality that we all bear the image of God resounds in her writing. How far the human race fell! Only a Redeemer can reunite one's image to one's Creator. May this young writer find Him, and thus, see as in a glass the image of the One she [he] seeks.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Hi ~ angi :),
I so appreciate your comment and I agree with you. The only way to reunite ourselves with the "Being in whose Image we are created" is through our Redeemer.
Thank you & Blessings

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Oh my this is simply inspired no doubt. A voice crying out into the dark for help.

I just know in my heart that God reached down and touched this young lady in a very special way.

I also am very impressed with your chalk image on the previous post. I think Aslan you are possibly a blessing that God has deposited into my life.
God Bless,
Jackie

12:45 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Wow! Thank You God that you are touching people through this labor of love. Thank you Jackie, Thank you more than I know how to say for taking the time to comment

1:10 PM  
Blogger Struggling Parents said...

I know what it is like to become homeless, I am homeless myself and my computer is set up at my daughters, you have a warm heart. I have read your blogs most of the day and it has shown me that you truly have a warm heart...love ya and take care ;)

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<